Monday, November 23, 2015

A testimony from one of "Our Girls" on the inside: Mari

My name is Mari and I am a believer who struggles with anger. My life before recovery was horrible; I had no fear of doing bad things. Alcohol and drugs were a constant struggle for me. Needless to say I didn’t know God nor was I looking for him. The lowest point in my life was when I started selling drugs; this is how I ended up in prison.
One day I was invited to the YUGO Bible study. I went because I wanted to know what it was all about. The women that attended were different and they spoke very highly of the program.
Now I have a growing relationship with Christ. The Celebrate Recovery Program has helped to empty myself of the resentment that I was keeping bottled up inside of me.   
James 5:16 says Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that 
you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

Gone is the anger and rage and in its place is compassion for my fellow inmates. I have an 
interest in what is happening in the lives of those around me; this is all part of the work that God has done in my life. I depend on Jesus to help me control these feelings so that I don’t go back to being an angry person again.  Walking with God has totally changed my life. I feel safe and my trust is in Him alone. With this confidence I can encourage and invite others to get involved in the CR program.

Thank you for letting me share.

Mari

*names have been changed to protect their identity*

No comments:

Post a Comment