Thursday, April 27, 2017

Ray's Testimony


Hello my name is Ray and I am a faithful believer in Jesus Christ.  I battle with anger and self-esteem issues.

When I was 8 years old my dad was murdered on his way home from work.  I questioned God regarding this event in my life and ended up walking away from Him. I wanted nothing to do with God.  As I grew up I started going to parties and gay night clubs. It didn’t take long until I was dressing like a woman, telling my family that I was gay.  5 years into my gay lifestyle I shared with my family that I wanted to have an operation to become a woman.  My mom, who is a Christian, hugged me and told me that she loved me as did God.  I was so angry that when she gave me a Bible and I ended up throwing it at her. Oh how I caused her heart to ache, but, I didn’t care; I was so caught up in the gay lifestyle.

One night, while at a gay club, a young man approached me and asked if he could take me home.  I don’t know what happened that night but I woke up at the Red Cross.  I was beaten and bruised.  Doctors told me that I had been thrown from a car traveling at a high speed.  The doctor told me that I should thank God for saving my life. In that moment I began to cry as I remembered the words of my mom. As soon as I was released from the hospital I went to seek forgiveness from my mom.  She took me to church the following Sunday where I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior.

The people of my mom’s church were so wonderful even though I was still dressing like a woman and wearing makeup. I am so thankful for their help and advice.  After 2 years of attending my Pastor suggested to me that it was time to start serving.  I joined the Usher’s team. When I was told about the Celebrate Recovery program that our church offered I was so thankful that I didn’t know what to do.  I praise God for the volunteers who took the time to explain the program and invite me to the Thursday night share time. I thank God for allowing me receive the great blessing of having Celebrate Recovery in my life.  I see, think, love and speak different.  The program is a tool that taught me to love myself, forgive myself and my enemies because I do not live anymore but Christ lives in me.
 
Thank you for letting me share.

Ray





*all names have been changed to protect their identity

No comments:

Post a Comment