Thursday, October 13, 2016

A testimony from one of "Our Girls" on the Inside: Claudia


My name is Claudia and I am a believer in recovery who struggles with guilt.

My life has been full of rebellion.  Drugs and tattoos were what my friends and I liked. My attitude towards others was defensive and my relationship with God was distant and empty.

The lowest point in my life was when I arrived in prison.  It turns out though that coming to prison was the best thing for me.  It wasn’t until I came here that I realized in order to put my life back together I need the help of Jesus Christ.  The Holy Spirit has been working in my heart to break the hardness in me. Celebrate Recovery has helped me to open my heart and mind to God so that He can change me.  I have also experienced the love of my sisters in Christ through the CR program.

Principle 1 touched my heart in a special way – Realize I am not God; I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and my life is unmanageable.
It wasn’t until I recognized that I was not God and that I had zero power to change myself – then I was able to start my new life with Him.

I am now able to feel the pain of others, I can accept others without judging them and I can even pray for those who hurt me in the past.  I’ve battled in the past with unbelief but now I can place my trust in Him and His promises. These are just some of the changes that God has been doing in my life. Since I started working with the CR program I have received blessings that I never imagined before; patience, strength and the blessing of knowing other sisters in Christ who are walking with me in this recovery journey.  I can now encourage other believers by sharing about the many blessings I have received in my life since I decided to give my life to Christ.

Thank you and God bless you all.
*Names have been changed to protect their identity

No comments:

Post a Comment