Tuesday, February 16, 2016

A testimony from one of "Our Girls" on the inside: Veronica

My name is Veronica and I am a faithful believer in Jesus Christ. My struggles are with my mind, old habits and other character defects.  My life prior to starting the recovery process was miserable. I was in denial. I refused to recognize shameful sins that I was committing.  I was rebellious, rude and very disrespectful. I could not relate to people in a healthy way, others were wrong and I was always right. The lowest point in my life was when I started prostituting myself, drinking and using drugs. I was disobedient and very hurtful.
Through the CR program God opened my eyes and my heart. He gave me the opportunity to know Him, I just needed to come to prison to find Him. I came to prison wounded and defeated but this is where I found the hope I needed for my life, for my heart. My life has changed greatly because of the growing relationship that I have with Jesus; my way of thinking and speaking has changed. Thanks to the Celebrate Recovery program I have learned to put God’s word into practice in my own life.  I know with certainty that God loves me, cares for me, and has forgiven me.  

Today, I can say that I love God with all of my heart, I trust Him and I delight in worshiping Him.  My desire is to be with Him and to do His will.  Celebrate Recovery has taught me how to confess my sins. I am very aware of the presence of God in my life and I am excited to share this good news in my group, in my cell and where ever I can.
 
*names have been changed to protect their identity*





No comments:

Post a Comment