Thursday, January 12, 2017

A testimony from "One of Our Girls on the Inside": Alli



My name is Alli and I am a grateful believer in Jesus Christ in recovery of drugs, resentment, revenge and rejection.

I suffered rejection by my father and other family members so I chose to isolate myself from people. I was very quiet, scared, and had low self-esteem. I felt ugly.  My grandmother raised me because my parents didn’t take care of me.  At the age of 15 I met the man who I married and we had 2 children together.  Our marriage was good until one day my husband started to use drugs and he started cheating on me.  When I found out I didn’t know how to react; we didn’t have God in our lives so I decided to use drugs with him just like his lover so he would not leave me. And instead of me helping him out of his addiction I sank with him.  What started as revenge ended up destroying my life. My husband tried to help but he didn’t know how, by then drugs controlled my life.  All I wanted was to get high and didn’t care how I achieve it, if it was by stealing or by prostituting myself. I began selling drugs and got involved with people I never imagined having in my life.  I saw and did horrible things; I cared for nobody. My lowest point was when I got my kids involved in selling drugs. 

I am in prison because I was charged with homicide. When I arrived here I thought my life had come to end but I was wrong, it was just beginning.  I was invited to a group called Celebrate Recovery. God is restoring my life through this program.  I have discovered God’s love. I have been able to feel freedom even behind these bars because I have a God-given joy. Through Celebrate Recovery I have learned to give God my hate, resentment and pain. I am no longer a slave to sin; in my heart there is peace and joy.  

God bless you and thank you for letting me share.

*all names have been changed to protect their identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment